Last Spring we proudly launched a new VEVO, and it was built on three core principles: personalizing the user experience, seamless social sharing and discovery, and long-form viewing/continuous play.
These new features were folded into VEVO’s Web, iPhone, Android, Xbox Live, and Facebook products, but we didn't extend them into our iPad app at the time - not because we didn't want to, but because we were interested in learning how you would use the new VEVO. Frankly, we wanted to validate our new ideas, and have an opportunity to iterate upon them to build you the best music video experience iPad can offer.
Well, the time has come. Music fans who visit VEVO via their iPad are about to swoon. Our much celebrated and always free app has been redesigned from the ground up, and now provides users with a much richer experience. VEVO has 50,000 titles by 11,000 artists, and we're always trying to improve our products so fans can enjoy the depth our library. The principles mentioned above are now a part of our iPad experience, and here are some of the app's latest attributes:
• Browsing videos by genre, allowing for continuous single-page discovery
• Browsing artist's biographies, tweets, tour dates and video catalogs
• Browsing shows for a host of VEVO's original programming, including live events
• Building, viewing, and sharing playlists with friends
• Viewing friends' playlists and seamlessly sharing titles via Facebook
• Watching videos of artists from your iTunes music library
• Enjoying longer viewing sessions of video after video with continuous play
• Seeing upcoming titles in a playlist with our video “look-ahead” (tip: while watching a video swipe up from the bottom)
• Viewing videos on a television - which is an addictive experience - with Airplay
Together, all these features really make our app rock. I am so proud of our team who have worked tirelessly to bring this to life. On behalf of all of us, I hope you’ll find the enjoyment we intended for you. Hit us with your thoughts at email@example.com.
Michael Cerda, SVP, Product & Technology
FOLLOW VEVO ON: