Official Rules of “The Year in Vevo” Dance Contest
1) The dance contest (the “Contest”) is open to anyone who attends “The Year in Vevo” event (the “Event”) on Friday December 11, 2015, at Skylight Clarkson Square, 550 Washington Street, New York City, NY 10014, where the Contest will take place at approximately 4-5 pm. (Time is subject to change.)
2) There is no charge for admission to the Event or for participation in the Contest. No one is guaranteed admission and Vevo reserves the right to close the Event and the Contest once capacity is reached.
3) Contestants must be legal residents of the United States.
4) There is no age requirement for participation.
5) All Finalists (defined below) in the Contest will be required to sign releases. Finalists under 18 must have their releases signed by a parent or guardian.
6) Contestants are deemed ineligible if they or any member of their immediate family have any association or connection with any of the following: Vevo, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, staff or employees; and/or Silento, his DJ or any of their companies, affiliates, staff or employees.
7) If, after competing in the Contest, it is discovered that the contestant was ineligible, any prizes won will be forfeited.
8) Contest Structure: a. The contest will be judged 75% upon the dancer’s ability to imitate the moves from the music video “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” by the artist Silento (the “Video”); and 25% upon the creativity of the dancer’s moves. b. Silento and his DJ will be the Judges for the Contest. c. Silento will perform Watch Me, while all contestants dance to the performance. d. After the performance, Silento will ask all contestants to dance to the song again, for no longer than one minute. During this dance segment, Silento and his DJ will choose between 2 and 10 dancers as finalists in the Contest (“Finalists”), based on the above criteria. e. The Finalist will be brought on stage and will be asked to dance to the song again for no longer than one minute. During this dance segment, Silento and his DJ will choose the Winner, based on the above criteria.
9) One prize --a $500 American Express Gift Card--will be awarded to the Winner.
10) Any disagreements regarding the Contest will be settled by Vevo. Vevo may, in its sole discretion, disqualify competitors for impeding or hindering other dancers or for any other unsportsmanlike behavior.
11) All decisions of the Judges are based on qualitative and quantitative criteria, are at their sole discretion and are final. Vevo reserves the right to change, modify or amend these rules at its sole discretion.