Walk the Moon Lift Challenge
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION CONSISTS OF TWO COMPONENTS--A SKILL CONTEST AND A RANDOM PRIZE DRAWING. THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED SOLELY BASED ON A SKILL CONTEST. FIRST AND SECOND PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED SOLELY BASED ON RANDOM DRAWINGS.
2. Sponsor: VEVO LLC, 4 Times Square, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Prize Administrator: RCA Records, 550 Madison Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10022.
3. To Enter: Go to www. vevo.com/lift and register to participate in the Challenge. Complete the official entry form (including submission of an interview question for the band Walk the Moon); indicate that you have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules, Sponsor’s online policies and Sponsor’s exercise of final and binding discretion; and submit as instructed. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER ELIGIBLE PERSON. All entries must be received between 12:00am (midnight) EST on August 1, 2012 and 11:59:59pm EST on August 31, 2012, with the Sponsor’s computer being the official timekeeper. The Grand Prize winner will be selected by the judges based on the criteria set out below, with judging completed on or about September 21, 2012. The First and Second Prize winners will be selected by random drawings on or about September 28, 2012. Winning the Grand Prize -- A Skill Contest: Completion of the entry form requires the submission of a short question (no more than 75 characters) that the entrant wants to ask the band Walk the Moon (the “Band”). The object of the Challenge is to win the Grand Prize by submitting the best question, as decided by the judges based on two equally weighted criteria: originality and knowledge of the Band (the “Criteria”). Judging will take place in two rounds. In the first round, Vevo judges will score all eligible entries, selecting the top ten entries based on the Criteria. In the second round, members of the Band or their representatives will select the Grand Prize winner from the top ten, based on the Criteria. All decisions regarding the judging of the questions will be made by the judges and are final and binding. Any entry submitted to the Challenge with a question that the Sponsor deems obscene, inappropriate or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules will be disqualified from consideration for the skill contest or for entry in the random drawings. Judging of the skill contest will be completed on or about September 21, 2012. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize Winner via phone and/or email on or about September 21, 2012, using the phone number and/or email address provided at time of entry. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a W-9 Tax Form within two business days of notification. If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached or does not respond within the applicable time period, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to the runner up in the skill contest. After a Grand Prize Winner has been confirmed, that entry will be removed from participation in the random drawings for the First and Second Prizes. Winning the First and Second Prizes – Random Drawings: 25 First Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received (not including the entry of the Grand Prize Winner). The drawing for the First Prize Winners will take place on or about September 28, 2012 and will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the drawing are final. After the First Prize Winners have been confirmed, they will be removed from participation in the random drawing for the Second Prizes. First Prize Winners will be notified by email following the drawing and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within two business days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within the applicable time period, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. 50 Second Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received (not including the entry of the Grand Prize Winner and the entries of the 25 First Prize Winners). The drawing for the Second Prize Winners will take place on or about September 28, 2012 and will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the drawing are final. Second Prize Winners will be notified by email following the drawing and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within two business days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within the applicable time period, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. Prizes: One Grand Prize will be awarded. One person (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will win a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest (the “Guest”) to attend a Walk the Moon concert between the dates of November 6, 2012 to December 15, 2012 (as determined by Prize Administrator) and meet the Band backstage (the “Event”). The Grand Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest to the city of the concert from a single major U.S. gateway airport nearest to the Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Administrator), double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations for one night, round-trip ground transportation between the airport and the hotel and round-trip ground transportation between the hotel and Event. Travel must be completed on dates specified by Prize Administrator or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. If the Event is canceled, rescheduled, or delayed for any reason, or the Grand Prize Winner cannot attend the Event for any reason on the date noted, then Sponsor and Prize Administrator shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and Guest, other than to supply the trip to the concert city as described above, within one year from date of prize notification, without providing any ground transfers or attendance at any future event. All other expenses relating to acceptance of Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein as paid for, including, but not limited to, taxes, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, baggage fees, additional transportation and/or accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. Specifics of Grand Prize travel package are subject to availability and Prize Administrator’s sole discretion. Travel must be made through Prize Administrator’s agent on a carrier of Prize Administrator’s choice. Reservations are subject to availability. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Once the Guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Prize Administrator’s sole and absolute discretion. If a Grand Prize Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of the concert city, a $250 ground transportation allowance will be provided for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest in lieu of air transportation, and no additional compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. The Guest must be the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence as of the date of travel unless the Guest is the child of the Grand Prize Winner. The Guest must complete, execute and return a Travel Guest Release prior to any issuance of travel documents by Prize Administrator. If Travel Guest Release is not returned within the required number of days, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Administrator shall have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death, in connection with any person’s participation in the Challenge or any prize awarded herein. Total estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $2500. (Actual value may vary based on Grand Prize Winner’s place of departure and dates of travel.) 25 First Prizes are available to be awarded. Each First Prize Winner will receive a Walk the Moon CD autographed by the Band and a Walk the Moon T-shirt. Estimated retail value of each First Prize is $40.00. 50 Second Prizes are available to be awarded. Each Second Prize Winner will receive a Walk the Moon Vinyl Record. Estimated retail value of each Second Prize is $25.00. Total estimated retail value of all prizes: $4750.00. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash awards are allowed, except at the discretion of the Prize Administrator, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The value of any prize a winner receives will be taxable to such winner as income. The Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with a W-9 form for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the prize received. Failure to complete the Grand Prize trip does not relieve the Grand Prize Winner of his or her tax obligations associated with winning the Grand Prize. If there are fewer entries than prizes available, not all prizes offered will be awarded.
6. Odds: The skills contest will be judged entirely on skill as set out above. For the random drawings, the odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries received.
7. Eligibility: The Walk the Moon Lift Challenge is open to all legal residents of the United States or the District of Columbia who are at least age 18 and the age of majority in their state of primary residence (whichever is older) at the time of entry and have active Internet access prior to the first date of this promotion. Employees of VEVO, RCA Records, the Band, their parent and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws apply. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Challenge should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Challenge. In such event, the Sponsor may award prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Vevo and RCA Records and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or network failure of any kind, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Challenge. The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practice (including use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass other entrants or Sponsor representatives. By participating in the Challenge, entrants waive all right to, and hold harmless, VEVO, RCA Records and their agencies from any loss, damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in the Challenge or the acceptance or use of any prize.
8. List of Winners: For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to VEVO, Walk the Moon Lift Challenge, 4 Times Square, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Specify rules and/or winner information. Winner information will be available from October 5, 2012-October 5, 2013. VT residents may omit return postage.
9. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Challenge, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and Sponsor and/or Prize Administrator, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, the prize awarded or the determination of the winners will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain an award for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. The Challenge and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflicts of law principles. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to the Challenge (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York, New York, and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this promotion.
10. Any questions regarding this promotion should be directed to the Sponsor, VEVO LLC, 4 Times Square, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10036. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.